- 1 What is a UAE retirement visa?
- 2 UAE retirement visa benefits
- 3 Eligibility for UAE retirement visa
- 4 UAE retirement visa Requirement
- 5 Applying for UAE retirement visa
- 6 UAE retirement visa cost
The government of the United Arab Emirates announced the issuance of a new type of visa that allows residents or people from all over the world to retire in Dubai or any emirate of the United Arab Emirates after they meet the conditions imposed and exceed the age of 55 years. Retirement in the UAE has many advantages. People who have spent their lives under the pressures of work, stress, and leading a busy life when they enter retirement age, their tendency to rest and live the rest of their lives in luxury increases.
The UAE Retirement Visa is an opportunity for them to enjoy the fruits of their hard work by living comfortably in the uae because it meets all the requirements they have in mind in terms of: (a safe country, Widespread prosperity, ease of obtaining a retirement visa, and flexible conditions for obtaining it). So what are the requirements to have a UAE retirement visa? And what are its benefits?
What is a UAE retirement visa?
The UAE retirement visa is considered a long-term visa that allows retirees to live and retire in the UAE for five years. The visa is available to individuals older than 55 who meet specific financial requirements. To be eligible for the UAE retirement visa, the applicants must have at least AED 20,000 ($5,445) monthly income or savings of at least 1 million uae dirham ($272,260). This visa also requires applicants to have valid health insurance and undergo a medical examination. The UAE retirement visa allows retirees to enjoy the country’s warm climate, modern infrastructure, and high standard of living.
UAE retirement visa benefits
There are many benefits offered by the UAE Retirement Visa or dubai retirement visa to retirees residing in Dubai or any of the seven emirates, and the most important benefits are:
- This visa eliminates the need to work for the retiree, as he can obtain a retirement pension from his home country or the United Arab Emirates.
- The pension makes you live comfortably.
- Medical treatment is free in government hospitals.
- Right to access UAE health care insurance fund.
- Possibility to enroll in subsidized government healthcare and other social benefits.
- Sponsor their spouse and children.
- Multiple entries to the UAE.
It may intrest you: “Dubai development history; The emirate of dubai is known as the miracle city“
Eligibility for UAE retirement visa
For a retired resident to be eligible for a 5-year long-term retirement visa, he must fulfill some requirements:
- The duration of his work inside or outside the United Arab Emirates should not be less than 15 years or more.
- The age of the retiree should be 55 years or more.
- The retiree owns a property of not less than 2 million AED.
- Or have financial savings of not less than one million dirhams.
- Or a monthly salary of up to 20,000 AED.
- The applicants provided a 6-month bank statement.
A retirement visa in Dubai and the UAE is valid for five years and can be renewed for another five years.
UAE retirement visa Requirement
To obtain a retirement visa in uae legally and after the conditions are met, some essential documents must be secured, which are:
- A copy of the Emirates ID card as residents of the United Arab Emirates will need to obtain an Emirates ID.
- A copy of the resident’s current visa and their dependents.
- A copy of the passport for the residents and their dependents, including the spouse and children.
- If the applicant is sponsoring their spouse, then a marriage certificate is needed.
Once you are notified that your application is complete, it will take approximately 15 days to obtain the visa.
Read also: “The Fascinating and Complex History of the UAE
Applying for UAE retirement visa
Applying for a UAE retirement visa is easy and simple. If you apply for a work visa, you can apply for a retirement visa, and if you are a long-term resident and unemployed in dubai, you can also apply for a dubai retirement visa. You can apply for a UAE retirement visa in several ways, depending on where you live. The available methods are:
- If you are a UAE resident and currently living in Dubai or the UAE on a work visa, you can apply for a uae 5 year retirement visa in the UAE through the GDRFA in Dubai.
- If you are a resident or retiree outside of the UAE, then you must apply for a UAE residence visa and an entry visa at least one time.
- Some nationalities can enter without a visa or with a visa on arrival, but they are still required to apply for a residency visa.
The authority responsible for obtaining UAE visas is the General Authority for Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). Therefore, if you wish to reside in the UAE and want to apply for a retirement visa or any type of visa, you must resort to the Dubai branch of the GDRFA or any other branch in the United Arab Emirates or one of the printing centers.
It may intrest you: “Dubai day trips; Dubai, the most popular city located in the United Arab Emirates“
UAE retirement visa cost
The cost of the initial fee and the price of the UAE Retirement Visas is 25 US dollars, and when your application is approved by the GDRFA, you must pay the amount of 3400 AED, which is approximately 1000 US dollars. These full fees and prices include entry permits, visa status adjustment, Emirates ID, medical examination, and management fees but do not include valid uae health insurance fees.
How can I get retirement visa in UAE?
The UAE does not offer a specific retirement visa. However, if you are over 55 years old and meet certain criteria, you may be eligible for a long-term residency visa.
To apply for a long-term residency visa in the UAE, you must meet the following requirements:
Have a valid passport
Provide proof of income of at least AED 20,000 per month
Have valid health insurance
Pass a security background check
If you meet these requirements, you can apply for a long-term residency visa through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in the emirate where you plan to reside.
How much is a retirement visa in UAE?
The applicant must pay a total of AED 3,714.75 or USD 1,011 after approval by the DLD or GDRFA. This fee includes: Entry permit. Residency stamping.
How long can US citizens stay in UAE?
US citizens can stay in the UAE for up to 30 days without a visa. However, if they plan to stay longer, they will need to obtain a visa. The length of stay allowed with a visa will depend on the type of visa obtained.
Can I work with UAE retirement visa?
As a general rule, retirement visas in the UAE are designed for individuals who have retired and wish to live in the country without working. If you hold a retirement visa, you may not be permitted to work in the UAE. It is best to consult with the relevant authorities or seek professional advice for specific information regarding your situation.
Many internationals are considering the Emirates UAE as their ideal place to retire. Therefore, obtaining a retirement visa has become an idea that comes to mind for many workers and retirees who want to change their routine of life and move to live in comfort and luxury in a safe country that provides all the basic means of living. The many advantages offered by this visa are so attractive that many people decide to travel to the UAE and obtain a retirement visa after learning about its benefits.