- 1 What is the UAE labor card?
- 2 The eligibility for a UAE labour card
- 3 The types of UAE work permit
- 4 Online labor card verification in UAE
- 5 UAE work permit fees
- 6 Steps to request a new UAE Labor Card 2023
UAE labor card; It is an important tool for every worker and employee working in the United Arab Emirates, and the emirate of Dubai. The UAE is a major destination for those wishing to work from all over the world. Moreover, the UAE Labor Card 2023 gives workers the right to work legally. It provides them with many serves. Learn how to obtain a labor card in UAE. What is the eligibility for it? How to request an employment labor contract online? Fees and fines?
What is the UAE labor card?
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation of the UAE government, or the free zone as a licensed organization, has the right to issue a UAE Labor Card to every worker and employee who is eligible to obtain it, As the card is a crucial document. This Emirate work permit can also be viewed on the Internet, as it includes the following data, as it is one of the official forms of identification of the worker:
- The name of the employee.
- Permit number.
- Business card number.
- Expiration date.
- Personal identification number.
The eligibility for a UAE labour card
All workers and employee’s working in the United Arab Emirates must have, in accordance with the provisions of the UAE Labour Law, a work permit in the country in order to prove their identity by card and mission. Whether they have Emirate citizenship or others, and whatever type of work they do. Every worker, employee, and employer must fulfill the conditions that qualify him to obtain an Emirate labor card, which are as follows:
It is verified that some things are available to business owners to protect the rights of employees and to organize obtaining a work permit, which is regulated by an employment labor contract between the two parties. The employer or company’s owner is obligated to:
- The employer and his company’s commitment to the procedures stipulated by the Ministry.
- That the employee’s salary is in line with his profession.
- The employer should not keep records or business cards that have expired.
Conditions for employees
In order for an employee to be eligible for a work permit, he must:
- The worker obtains educational evidence proving the academic qualification to obtain the job.
- The age of the employee shall not exceed 60 years and shall not be less than 18 years.
- The person must pass the necessary medical examinations with a health certificate from his home country.
“Read more: UAE immigration laws“
The types of UAE work permit
The UAE Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation stated; There are 12 types of work permits and UAE Labor Card, as follows:
- To recruit an employee or worker from outside the UAE.
- To transfer a foreign worker from one company or establishment to another.
- Marriage guarantee.
- Work permit for a limited period of time.
- One task is to bring in a worker from outside the country to perform temporary work.
- Part-time permit.
- To recruit a person between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Training and employing students from 15 years old and residents in the United Arab Emirates.
- A license for citizens of the United Arab Emirates and the Gulf Cooperation Council from one of the countries in which it is located.
- For golden visa holders to employ the bearer with a golden residence ticket in the country.
- For a national trainee for the purpose of training an Emirate citizen.
- Those who provide services in the UAE.
“May interest you: UAE golden visa“
Online labor card verification in UAE
If you are one of the people working in the United Arab Emirates, and you have the eligibility to work and the UAE visa. You can refer to the terms and conditions related to your employment contract through the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation portal to obtain a permit from the Ministry of labor. It provides the procedures that enable you to verify your work contract in the country and obtain an Emirates ID card, check uae labour card online in the UAE, and learn the UAE Labor Card; fastest 5 steps important to check it online, as follows:
- Open the website of the Ministry of human resources and the Emiratisation in UAE.
- Select the Services tab, and from there, click on New Inquiry Services.
- Click on the option to print the electronic work permit to download it.
- Enter your data, and select Search To find that card issued.
- Click on Print at the top right of the page to view the UAE Labor Card.
“Watch also: UAE visa for engineers“
UAE work permit fees
Article 6 of Federal Decree-Law No. 33 of 2021 Organizing relations between workers in the uae and employers in the private sector. In terms of the employee’s residence UAE visa and labour card, which falls under the name of the UAE Labor Law. The employee works according to a valid UAE labor card that meets the conditions and is subject to proper procedures. The following is a table showing the fees for issuing or renewing a work permit in the UAE and the fine for delayed renewal of labor cards:
|The cost of renewing/issuing a work permit
|Penalty for delay in renewal of labor card
|Depending on the company’s rating
|Within a maximum period of 60 days from the date of entry
|250 AED to 3450 AED
“Check out: UAE mission visa“
Steps to request a new UAE Labor Card 2023
The uae ministry of labour provides its services for granting and renewing work documents permits in the country. She is interested in submitting the UAE labor card electronically and a valid work contract for two years. Where it is possible to verify the Emirate labor card and obtain a new permit for anyone wishing labor card application by the following:
- Requests are printed and scanned through the “tas’heel” service center or through the electronic forms program.
- The conditions for the process are checked and fully complete.
- By resorting to inquiry services, the status of applications is followed up, permits are approved, and employment contracts are printed.
- The person concerned obtains a printed, electronic work contract from the Tasheel service or the electronic communication service.
The link to tas’heel platform can be found here.
What are the documents required to apply for a new UAE Labor Card?
The following documents are required:
Picture of the worker or employee.
Photocopy of the company’s valid license.
A valid health certificate.
Copy of the employment contract with the company’s seal and the signature of the worker and the employer.
Is it allowed to work in the UAE without a UAE labor card?
It is not possible to work in UAE without a work permit legally because there are immigration and residency legislations within the country.
How long does it take to get an Emirati labor card?
It takes about 5 days.
So far, we have learned how to obtain emirates uae work permit and its importance. It is one of the UAE’s work requirements for every employee, worker, or responsible for work whether he possesses Emirate nationality or resides in the country under a UAE visa. He must have the employee’s residence visa and labour card.