- 1 UAE visa for athletes
- 2 Golden Visa for Athletes in Dubai
- 3 Requirements for Golden Visa for Athletes 2023
- 4 Application of Golden Visa for Athletes in Dubai
- 5 Notes for Application through Smart GDRFA-Dubai Application & AMER Center
- 6 Golden Visa Cost for Athletes
- 7 Abu Dhabi Golden Visa for Brilliant Talents
- 8 Requirements to apply for the Athlete’s category in Abu Dhabi
- 9 Visa for amateur athletes under the age of 21 (VITEM I)
- 10 Documentation Required for Visa for Amateur Athletes
- 11 Consular fees of the UAE visa athletes
- 12 Some Passport applicants should apply in person
UAE visa for athletes provides a Golden Residency Visa to specialized talents and researchers in various fields of science and knowledge for a period of ten years without the need for a sponsor. It is up for renewal. It is also extended to the applicant’s family members.
UAE visa for athletes
UAE visa for athletes will need a recommendation letter from the General Sports Authority or one of the sports councils. Including Outstanding specialized talents such as doctors, scientists, athletes coaches, creative people of culture and art, inventors, executives, specialists in scientific fields, athletes, doctoral degree holders, and specialists in the fields of engineering and science.
Read more: UAE Visa Types
Golden Visa for Athletes in Dubai
The UAE Golden visa is a long-term residency visa that allows foreign talent to live, work, or study in Dubai UAE while receiving special benefits. The Golden Visa is available to investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers, and frontline heroes. Here are the requirements and benefits of the Golden visa, as well as links to digital services where you can apply for it.
Read more: UAE Exit Requirements
Requirements for Golden Visa for Athletes 2023
Documents Required to Get Golden Visa for Athletes in Dubai, which is granted for specialized talents and researchers in various fields of science and knowledge for ten years without a sponsor and is renewable as follows:
- Applicants would need a letter of recommendation from the General Authority of Sports in Dubai OR the Dubai Sports Council.
- A copy of the sponsored passport.
Take a look at: UAE Immigration Office
Application of Golden Visa for Athletes in Dubai
You can obtain a Golden Visa for Athletes in Dubai through the Smart App or the Amer Center.
Smart GDRFA-Dubai Application
You can follow these steps to apply for a UAE Visa for athletes:
- Get the GDRFA-Dubai app from the authorized stores: Apple Store/Play Store.
- Make a new user account (in case there is no account registered).
- Select the necessary service.
- Include any required documents.
- Pay any service fees that are owed.
- Send the request.
Application through AMER Center as follows:
- Go to one of the Amer Centers’ service branches.
- At the receptionist, select the required service.
- Submit the necessary documentation to the service employee.
- Document verification.
- Pay any service fees that are owed.
- Submit your application.
Read more: UAE visit visa change
Notes for Application through Smart GDRFA-Dubai Application & AMER Center
There are some notes about the text message and email sent to the customer with the application status:
- If any documents are missing from the application, the customer is notified and given 30 days to attach the missing documents; if the missing documents are not attached, the application is canceled.
- If there are no missing documents in the application, the customer will be notified and the approved application will be emailed to them.
Read more: UAE Golden visa
Golden Visa Cost for Athletes
Here are the Fees Required of Golden Visa for Athletes as follows:
- Residency fees for 10 years Golden Visa: AED 2790 and ID fees: AED 1070.
- 5-year Golden Visa: AED 2280 for Residency and AED 575 for identification.
Read more: UAE visa for doctors
Abu Dhabi Golden Visa for Brilliant Talents
You are eligible if you meet the following requirements:
- An exceptional athletic talent.
- Have exceptional athletic achievements.
- Take on a leadership role in an international sports federation, committee, or organization.
- A fantastic sports physician.
Take a look at: UAE emirates ID card
Requirements to apply for the Athlete’s category in Abu Dhabi
To apply for the Athlete category, you must provide the following requirements:
- Sports resume highlighting accomplishments in the field of sports.
- Experience letters/certificates attesting to athletic achievements.
- Abu Dhabi Sports Council’s recommendation. (Applications made through the Abu Dhabi Residents Office web app will be automatically forwarded to the ADSC for nomination).
In addition, you must apply for your Golden Visa nomination at the Abu Dhabi Residents Office. Applicants can also apply online at the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) at (https://icp.gov.ae). If you have any further questions, please email (ADRO.email@example.com).
Read more: UAE visa for Indians
Visa for amateur athletes under the age of 21 (VITEM I)
Temporary Visas Type I (VITEM-I) are issued to amateur athletes under the age of 21 who are enrolled in intensive sports training in Brazilian institutions and are not paid to compete (RN 86/2010).
Read more: UAE family visa
Documentation Required for Visa for Amateur Athletes
Here are the Required documents to apply for a UAE Visa for Amateur Athletes under 21 years old:
- A visa application form must be completed (one per applicant) at (https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br). Complete the form. Then press the “SEND” button to receive your processing number and receipt. The receipt should be printed. Then, include one passport-size photograph (please do not staple the photo; glue it, if possible). Please sign the receipt. The photograph required a front view and a white background, both of which had to be professionally printed.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months and contain at least two blank pages. Please keep in mind that pages reserved for amendments cannot be used for visa applications. Passports that are soiled, damaged, or defaced will not be accepted.
- A copy of the applicant’s UAE residence visa with a validity period of at least one year.
- Police clearance, duly authorized by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the UAE government. Following Emirati legalization, the document must be legalized by the Brazilian Embassy (fee: AED 80,00).
- A copy of your round-trip booked itinerary (reservation, no need to purchase a ticket) indicating travel to and from Brazil (informing passenger’s name, itinerary, flight number, and arrival/departure dates).
- A copy of the contract between the athlete’s team/club and the Brazilian institution where the training will be held. The agreement, which can last up to a year, must include and specify the following: the location of the training; room and board as well as any additional living expenses, including medical and dental care; a ticket to and from the training; the rights specified in the Brazilian statute of children and adolescents; enrollment in a regular school; and promotion to family and community integration.
- A copy of the birth certificate (or any other document proving filiation) and a letter of authorization must be signed by both parents in the presence of the consular authority or authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for applicants under the age of 18 years old. (Fees: AED 80,00 for the birth certificate and AED 80,00 for the legalization of the authorization).
- A legible copy of the consular fee payment (deposit slip).
Read more: UAE entry requirements
Consular fees of the UAE visa athletes
After the documentation has been approved, the consular fees will be paid only by bank deposit.
- The visa costs AED 240 Except for:
- AED 1000 US passport holders.
- AED 460 for the UAE passport holders.
- British passport holders (for stays of more than 180 days): AED 620,00.
- Legalization fees: AED 80.00 (per document).
Take a look at: UAE retirement visa
Some Passport applicants should apply in person
Applicants must apply in person if they hold an Afghan, Egyptian, Eritrean, Ethiopian, Iranian, Iraqi, Jordanian, Lebanese, Libyan, Nepalese, Nigerian, North Korean, Pakistani, Palestinian, Senegalese, Sudanese, or Syrian passport.
Read more: UAE Transit Visa
Who qualifies for a golden visa in the UAE?
The Golden visa is a long-term residency visa that allows qualified foreign talent to live, work, or study in the UAE while receiving special benefits. The Golden Visa is available to investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers, and frontline heroes.
What kind of visa do athletes get?
To be eligible for a P-1 visa, you must meet the following requirements. The applicant must be a recognized athlete or entertainer competing in an international event. The applicant must show proof of legal contracts with a major sports league or organization in the United States.
Is there a sports visa?
The P-1 entertainment visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows athletes, artists, and entertainers from other countries to enter the United States for a specific event, competition, or performance. Individuals who compete at an internationally recognized level are covered by the P-1 Visa classifications.
How can I get a self-sponsored visa in the UAE?
A Green visa is available to freelancers, self-employed individuals, and skilled workers. Freelancers and/or self-employed individuals who wish to apply for a Green visa must submit the following documents: a freelance/self-employment permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization. Proof of a bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma is required.
UAE Visa for Athletes procedures are simple for both specialized talents and amateur athletes. In addition to outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian trailblazers, and frontline heroes. This is a list of the documents required for UAE visas for the athletes listed above.