- 1 UAE Desert Facts
- 2 Advantages of deserts in the UAE
- 3 Famous Deserts in UAE
- 3.1 Rub’ al Khali
- 3.2 Al Badayer desert
- 3.3 Lahbab Desert
- 3.4 Sweihan Desert, Abu Dhabi
- 3.5 Al Marmoom Desert Conservation
- 3.6 Maliha Desert – Sharjah
- 3.7 Al Khatim Desert
- 3.8 Was Dubai a desert area once?
- 3.9 How long for a perfect desert safari in Dubai?
- 3.10 What are the forms of biodiversity in the UAE?
- 3.11 Is Dubai desert a hot climate?
UAE desert; extends the most in the lands of the United Arab Emirates, where deserts constitute the most significant part. It is charming, full of dunes, and a tremendous interest for desert safari enthusiasts. Witness and explore the beauty of the UAE desert and learn about the most famous of them with us if you are looking for an exciting and exceptional experience in uae deserts.
UAE Desert Facts
The UAE Desert is the vast and unique sandy desert of the Emirates and is a first-class tourist attraction. As the United Arab Emirates is located in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula, southwest of the Asian continent, which helped in the spread of oases and deserts on its borders.
Also, the vast stretch of the Emirates desert in the UAE made its desert climate dry and hot, which may reach more than 40 degrees Celsius during the summer, which made the deserts of the Emirates, with its dunes and stunning mountains, a distinctive and favorite winter tourist destination for many. The UAE desert lands rise about 300 meters above the water’s surface.
“Read more: Dubai Creek History“
Advantages of deserts in the UAE
The UAE Desert is fascinating and beautiful, with many activities and tourist attractions yearly. As it occupies the most significant part and the largest area in the United Arab Emirates, it dramatically impacts the country’s economy and the social activities that take place on its land, and it has also become an essential part of the cultural UAE History of the emirates uae. It is characterized by the following:
- A vital source of water as it meets water needs.
- Prominent directors and producers are interested in filming cinematic films.
- An incubator for medicinal plants and many pastures.
- A land thriving with life and a source of natural wealth.
- Excellent source of income for being a tourist destination.
Sarab desert resort by Anantara, or qasr al sarab desert resort, is one of the most popular tourist desert resorts where you can stay during your desert safari trip in the United Arab Emirates.
Also, the Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, located in the heart of the Emirati Al Wadi Nature Reserve, includes 101 villas, ideal accommodation in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Famous Deserts in UAE
The UAE desert is diverse and penetrates the country’s lands, bringing a distinctive tourist destination for all lovers of desert safari. It also affects the climate and geographical environment of the United Arab Emirates, as the desert landscapes attract many tourists annually. There are popular 7 that are the most famous and best in the UAE desert, and we review the uae’s best desert as follows:
Rub’ al Khali
This name calls it because it is divided into four countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, the Emirates, and Yemen) in the Arabian Desert. It is also the world’s largest sand desert, called the Liwa Desert in the desert United Arab Emirates, the second-largest endless sandy desert in the world, located in the southeastern part of the Arabian Peninsula. It also features the following in the UAE desert:
- Contains large oil and natural gas stocks.
- It occupies an area of 600,000 km or 67.7% of the desert stock.
- Its golden sand distinguishes it with a soft texture.
- It has enormous water resources and deep, non-renewable groundwater.
- Its desert dunes are pretty high.
Although the Empty Quarter desert has extensive groundwater reserves, it contains sulfur. It also has little rain, and its climate is sweltering in summer and cold in winter.
Al Badayer desert
When you visit the Emirate of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates, you will find Al Badayer Oasis in the southern part of it, extending along Dubai Road with the extension of “Hatta” Road in Oman. So that it can be easily accessed and enjoys the following:
- It is known as “Big Red” because of its red color.
- A favorite area with its dunes among SUV owners.
- It is an attractive tourist destination and an ideal place for camping.
- The best times to visit yearly are from “November” to “February”.
- A suitable place for beginners and professionals.
“Watch also: UAE Bird Watching Spots“
The Lehbab Tourist Desert offers the best travel activities on the golden sands, as it attracts many tourists annually to enjoy safaris adventures on the dunes that extend about 2,000 square kilometers. It is one of the UAE desert, which is located in Dubai. It is also home to many forms of wild desert life. Not only that, but it also gives you the pleasure of experiencing the following:
- Camel ride.
- See panoramic views of the surrounding sands.
- Experience desert bikes and four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Live the challenges of the desert in the Bedouin camps.
- Entering Palm Jumeirah Island and its private resorts.
“Check out: UAE challenges“
Sweihan Desert, Abu Dhabi
It is part of the desert cultural heritage of the United Arab Emirates, which straddles the borders of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Al Ain. It is an authentic part of the UAE desert and Abu Dhabi desert safari. Sweihan, the tourist attraction, has the following:
- Soft sand.
- A vast mountain is known as “Mountain Nuqra”.
- Its bumpy roads cross paths.
- Camping options are available.
- Watching the people walking on their camels in the middle of the Sweihan desert.
Al Marmoom Desert Conservation
It is one of the projects that occupied more than 10% of the area of Dubai to become the most important natural reserve in the United Arab Emirates, which is not fenced within the Dubai desert. The Al Marmoom Desert, which is home to many forms of local wildlife, is known for its initiatives around sustainability and is the largest renewable energy project that the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park is keen on. It is an ideal place to have a good time exploring the giant flamingos, migratory birds, and vast lands.
“May interest you: UAE air pollution“
Maliha Desert – Sharjah
It is the deepest desert in Sharjah, located in the emirate’s central region. It is of great importance as it is one of the World Heritage sites nominated by UNESCO in the Sharjah desert. Likewise, it is also famous for several important sites, including forts dating back to pre-Islamic history and tombs found in the Bronze Age. Furthermore, it is also the most prominent feature of the following:
- It combines a fragrant mixture of history, cultural heritage, and charming landscapes.
- The Bedouins made it their home.
- It includes figures from excavations, camel structures, utensils, and antique iron tools.
- The Mleiha Archaeological Center was opened in 2016 and included all the ancient artifacts.
“Read also: History of Sharjah“
Al Khatim Desert
It is one of the best safari adventures that can be taken in the UAE desert, which is located in the city of Al Ain in the center of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Specifically, the Al Ain Desert Highway is famous for being a location for off-road driving in four-wheel drive vehicles. It also has several things with desert safari fun with desert tour:
- Tranquil atmosphere in pristine valleys.
- Beautiful landscapes.
- The high dune is about 934 feet.
- It is 80 km from Abu Dhabi.
Was Dubai a desert area once?
Yes, and Dubai has transformed from a desert into one of the most developed regions in the world in less than 50 years.
How long for a perfect desert safari in Dubai?
The safari in the UAE desert usually takes 6 hours.
What are the forms of biodiversity in the UAE?
UAE has three forms of ecosystem, which are:
Is Dubai desert a hot climate?
Yes, Dubai UAE has a dry and hot climate, especially from the end of April to the end of October.
We highlighted with you the most beautiful things you can visit in the desert that extends enormously within its lands, as it is a popular tourist destination in the UAE. We also learned about the importance of the deserts enjoyed by everyone who wants to experience the desert safari uae.